- To design future engineering systems and interfaces of energy, water, and particles by using statistical physics and high-performance supercomputing.
- Two positions for graduate research assistants are currently open. Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple DHD: Settling of polydispersed spheres
Constrained DHD: Dimer, Tetrahedron, and Chain
Collision: granular shot (new)
- Computational fluid-particle dynamics (CFPD) in the Lagrangian picture
- Particle dynamics: dissipative hydrodynamics (DHD)
- Fluid dynamics: OpenFOAM (vs. smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH))
- Coupled and complex transport phenomena
- Granular particle dynamics in natural and engineered systems
- Thermally renewable processes: Membrane distillation
- High-Performance Computing (research methods)
- Parallel computing for multi-physics phenomena (using MPI and OpenMP)
- Scientific visualizations for CFPD
Prof. Albert S. Kim’s profile